By Aerin Creamer – On Wednesday March 30th 2016, the Department of Business and Leadership at William Jewell College hosted the Distinguished Executive Lecture presented by Mr. Bill Chapin, Senior Vice President of Business Operations for the Kansas City Chiefs. The event was attended by several hundred students, faculty and guests in the Yates-Gill College Union.
Mr. Chapin was named the Chiefs Senior Vice President of Business Operations on December 15, 2011 and entered his fifth season with Kansas City in 2016. Chapin’s responsibilities include overseeing marketing strategy and implementation, branding, advertising, market research, fan development, community outreach, charitable giving, Season Ticket Fan Loyalty programs and Customer Relationship Management, the Chiefs Art Program, special events, including concerts & college football games, the Chiefs Cheerleaders, Red Coaters, and KC Wolf. In his role, Chapin reports directly to Chiefs President Mark Donovan on all matters of the team’s business operations.
In addition to his extensive experience within the Chiefs franchise, Mr. Chapin also has experiences from all five major professional sports leagues in America. His experience includes:
- Vice President of Business Development for Seattle Sounders FC
- Director of Marketing and Partnership Development for the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders FC
- Seattle Sounders MLS franchise in 2009
- Director of Ticket Sales for the Anaheim Ducks (2000-04)
- Director of Group and Inside Sales for the Los Angeles Kings (1996-00)
- Management team in the construction of the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles in 1999